Champion a cause. Speak up. Take action.
Join us and advocate for an Education, Income or Health issue you are passionate about. Anyone can be an advocate to advance the common good. Together we achieve more than any of us could accomplish alone.
There are many ways that you can advocate. Here are some ways you can make a meaningful impact in our community.
Urgent Policy Priorities
Contact your representative in Congress about an Education, Income, or Health issue.
- CONTACT CONGRESS TODAY IN SUPPORT OF INVESTMENTS IN CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
- CONTACT CONGRESS TODAY IN SUPPORT OF VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE (VITA)
- CONTACT CONGRESS TODAY TO END HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Engage With Your Community
Host a community conversation with your friends, coworkers or neighbors. Learn about what people say are their aspirations for our community and talk about how all can work together to address challenges.
Use social media tools to educate your friends and networks about an issue you care about. Sample tweets and Facebook messages are below.
- EDUCATION: Every dollar to #earlychildhood programs saves 7 in adulthood http://bit.ly/1Q1AeCK #LIVEUNITED
- INCOME: 26K children in #SummitCounty live in #poverty. Here is what you can do: http://bit.ly/1F1z4kx #LIVEUNITED
- HEALTH: Uninsured children in fair or poor health are 5x more likely not to have a regular provider of care. http://bit.ly/1Q1zNs2 #LIVEUNITED
- EDUCATION: Students who don't read proficiently by third grade are four times more likely to leave without a diploma than proficient readers. Support United Way's work to promote the importance of early grade reading: http://bit.ly/1Q1AeCK #LIVEUNITED
- INCOME: Children are the poorest age group with 15.5 million children living in poverty. Support programs that help poor children and families http://bit.ly/1F1z4kx #LIVEUNITED
- HEALTH: Seriously ill children without insurance who end up in the hospital are 60% more likely to die than the sick children in the same facility who have insurance. Help United Way increase children's health coverage: http://bit.ly/1Q1zNs2 #LIVEUNITED
Become a United Way Issues Influencer!
We are looking for trusted voices to drive conversation and action around priority education, income and health issues in Summit County. Motivate your social networks and encouraging them to become involved with causes you care about. Contact Beth Boggins at 330.643.5519 or by email to receive on a regular basis messages to promote on your social media platforms.
Follow us on social media! Stay up-to-date on the impact United Way is making in the community and spread the word.