be inspired. BECOME A PART OF THE NEXT GENERATION OF WOMEN LEADERS.
United Way of Summit County’s Women’s Leadership Council Mentoring Program pairs young professional women with experienced mentors. Through one-on-one meetings and group activities, mentees learn from established professionals, cultivating a philanthropic spirit that will lead to a lifetime of community leadership.
Our mentors are professional women actively engaged with the Women’s Leadership Council and eager to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Akron’s emerging women leaders and philanthropists.
We seek a diverse group of mentees – please apply if you are eligible and encourage friends and colleagues to apply!
To apply, you must be:
- A resident of Summit County
- In the early stages (within the first three years) of your career
- Committed to active involvement with the program
- Interested in both professional and civic/philanthropic growth
- Program runs between October 2016 to June 2017
- Minimum of one individual meeting or event with mentor per month (2 hours)
- Monthly group activities take place from 5:30-7 p.m. on the last Tuesday of every month.
- Additional one-on-one mentor/mentee communication is strongly encouraged
- Mentor and mentee work together to create individualized program goals and objectives
Please fill out the application below by October 13, 2016.