WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING VITA VOLUNTEERS FOR THE 2018 TAX SEASON!
Dedicated volunteers are needed to provide free tax preparation services to people with limited incomes. By helping working families take advantage of programs like the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), you can help bring in millions of dollars to the local community -- dollars to help working families jumpstart their savings, reduce debt and invest in Greater Akron.
No experience is necessary and training is provided.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Build your resume
- Learn a new skill
- FREE IRS-certified training
- Flexible schedule – 1 to 5 hours per week during tax season
- Continuing Education Credits as a Certified Tax Professional
- Attend a 1 day training – lunch is provided
- Be willing to work at least 5 shifts during tax season
- Shifts during the day, evening and Saturday
TRAINING TIMES AND DATES:
DECEMBER 5 | 9-4 PM *FULL
DECEMBER 15 | 9-4 PM *FULL
JANUARY 10 | 9-4 PM
JANUARY 13 | 9-4 PM *FULL
JANUARY 17 | 9-4 PM *FULL
JANUARY 20 | 9-4 PM *FULL
Volunteer shifts will start January 20, 2018
Training takes place at the United Way offices, 90 N. Prospect St, Akron, Ohio 44304. Individual tax preparation assiginments take place at the UWSC VITA/ Financial Empowerment Center, 1060 Kenmore Blvd, Akron, Ohio 44314
Contact Rebecca Miklos for more information at 330-685-9313 or email@example.com.