United Way is working in partnership with Summit Education Initiative, GAR Foundation, local schools and others to improve student success by collectively focusing on kindergarten readiness, third-grade reading, eighth-grade math, on-time completion of ninth grade, graduating ready for success and persistence in college and career.
Our Shared Goals for Education
- Ready for Success by Kindergarten increasing from 71% to 80%
- 3rd Grade Reading increasing from 65% to 80%
- 8th Grade Math increasing from 43% to 60%
- High School Graduation increasing from 71% to 90%
- College and Career Readiness increasing from 38% to 60%
- 48,000 more college degree or career credential holders
For more information about the Summit County Cradle to Career Alliance contact Nichole Booker at 330.643.0477 or by email.