United Way of Summit County Employment Opportunities
Position Title: Coordinator, Family Resource Center
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Community Impact
Supervisor: April Porter
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The purpose of this position is to assist students and families in designated school(s) by developing, coordinating and providing a comprehensive set of wraparound services to address non-academic barriers. The Coordinator will support the launch and ongoing development of the Family Resource Center as a hub of the school--uniting educators, community partners, and families to provide all students with quality academic supports, enrichment, health and social services, and opportunities to learn and thrive.
In alignment with United Way of Summit County’s Bold Goals, the Coordinator will serve as the primary liaison with community partners in the neighborhood(s) of the designated schools. Position reports to the Director, Education at United Way of Summit County.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Percentage of Time
45% Develop relationships with school administrators, staff, students, families and community stakeholders to develop and coordinate a comprehensive and strategic set of services to address non-academic barriers for students and their families, including (but not limited to) family engagement activities, youth development opportunities, adult education, early childhood programs, and basic needs.
20% Collaborate with a team of school personnel, service providers and community stakeholders to document, monitor and assess direct and indirect wraparound services for students and families. Resource referral and navigation, data driven practices, promoting inclusive leadership and shared accountability for results are key elements of the collaborative efforts.
15% Participate in continuous improvement efforts to make changes to individual and team practices. Utilize data and outcomes to inform decision making with partners, internal program staff and families.
10% Oversee and coordinate volunteer activities by acting as liaison between community agencies, partners and staff. Train volunteers prior to assignments and act as resource person.
10% Track measurable outcomes and provide reports as needed. Maintain accurate and timely service coordination and partnership records. Participate in regular supervision and team meetings.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Director, Education; Community Impact team; Corporate and Community Engagement team, assigned school personnel; parents, students, volunteers, the faith-based community, UWSC partner agencies and community stakeholders/partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and three years of experience working with youth and families who have complex needs.
• Experience working with children, youth and families in a school setting is highly preferred.
• Small and large group work experience.
• Commitment to excellence and passion for the mission of United Way of Summit County.
• Competent in MS Office products.
• Interest in the improvement of the Summit County children, families and community.
• Professionally represents UWSC in the community.
• Relationship and change management.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team.
• Implementation and analytical skills.
• Skills and knowledge coordinating a multi-faceted program.
• Effectively able to prioritize, manage projects, plan strategically, and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving/planning and facilitative communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Commitment to maintaining an awareness of best practices within the United Way Worldwide Network.
• Position is primarily a normal office setting.
• Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office, walking, climbing stairs.
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
• Minimal lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally.
• Must be willing to work non-standard work schedule including nights, weekends, and other unusual hours on occasion.
• After-hours event attendance occasionally.
• Some overnight travel may be required.
• Valid driver’s license with daily access to private insured vehicle during work hours.
• Access to reliable insured automobile to be used for work-related travel in summit County area.
To apply: Interested applicants that meet the minimum qualifications can submit an updated resume to [email protected] by Monday, July 8, 2019.
United Way of Summit County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please reach out to United Way of Summit County direct by emailing [email protected] or calling our main line: 330-762-7601.