Corporate Social Responsibility
Why Partner with United Way?
For nearly 100 years, United Way has improved lives and strengthened community. Worldwide, our mission enjoys the support of 70,000 companies and 280 Fortune 500 companies because we have a proven track record of large-scale impact and continuous innovation.
We invite local companies to learn more about why so many of the world’s business leaders have made United Way their philanthropic partner of choice. When you align your brand with United Way locally, you join a world-wide network focused on creating lasting community solutions.
Does your company:
- Believe that a strong community is important to corporate success?
- Agree that attraction and retention of top talent is a critical priority?
- Consider corporate leadership and the transformational benefit of private investment to be a driver of community success?
- Believe that improvements in education, economic mobility and health significantly improve the quality of life in the community in which you operate?
- Seek to engage employees in activities that are meaningful to them, impactful to the community and add value to your business?
Contact Lindsey Myers at 330-643-5532 or by email to find out how your company can benefit from a partnership with United Way.
Our Bold Goals
United Way of Summit & Medina is taking on our community’s most challenging problems with innovative strategies and an ambitious vision of our shared future. And guiding our approach are four Bold Goals for 2025.
Volunteer, Advocate, Give
United Way can collaborate strategically with companies through a variety of opportunities:
- Mission Alignment and Community Impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility alignment with one or more of our Bold Goals
- Convene corporate and United Way leadership on shared goals
- Return on investment (ROI) and Bold Goal reporting
- Employee/Corporate Engagement
- Year round volunteer engagement opportunities
- Custom on-site volunteer activities
- Program training on-site - Bridges Summit County
- Impact- and engagement-centered workplace giving campaign
- Individual recognition
- Affinity groups
- Custom marketing materials
- Brand Enhancement
- Corporate sponsorships
- Community recognition and awards
- Public relations and communications
- Use of United Way brand
Local Corporate Partnership Examples
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Few philanthropic partnerships have stood the test of time like the one between United Way of Summit & Medina and The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. Over a nearly 100-year history of collaboration, Goodyear and United Way have worked together to create lasting change in the Greater Akron community – even when that meant rethinking their approach.
In 2016, when United Way announced a renewed focus on community impact (as opposed to traditional fundraising) Goodyear rose to the occasion by realigning its campaign to engage associates in meaningful work in the community. Goodyear associates have collected thousands of items for United Way volunteer events, and the company even hosted a custom Stuff the Bus Sort-a-thon at its headquarters. All the while, Goodyear has kept its sight on the future of our community, encouraging its corporate leaders to volunteer through service on United Way’s board of directors or by taking leadership roles within United Way affinity groups like Emerging Leaders United or Women United.
An employee-owned company, GPD Group’s commitment to community service is a product of its own employee’s desire to make a difference. In United Way, GPD Group has a partner that understands its determination to go beyond one-time giving and provides an opportunity to be a part of something bigger.
Last year, GPD Group established a contribution matching program, and has seen year over year growth in its campaign. In addition, GPD Group’s employees have volunteered their time and energy, taking advantage of United Way’s custom corporate engagement projects.
As a family-owned company with deep roots in our community, Steere Enterprises demonstrates the power of personal connection to drive community impact. As United Way shifted toward a greater focus on volunteerism, Steere stepped up to become a shining example of corporate engagement in the community.
In the past two years, Steere employees, including its corporate leaders, have become familiar faces at United Way engagement events. Steere was the first company to sponsor a United Way engagement event when it sponsored the Stuff the Bus school supplies drive, and since then, Steere has continued to grow its engagement numbers.
We Empower Everyone in Our Community to Accomplish More Together
United Way of Summit & Medina stands at the intersection between civil society, business and government. We have earned a reputation as a leading voice in the community, and a catalyst for partnerships between business leaders, donors, corporations, schools, nonprofits, faith-based groups and the public sector. Together we can effect change on a larger scale than any single organization can accomplish alone. On the ground in the community, we are leading by example, with broad coalitions working together to improve people’s lives.
A partnership with United Way offers:
- Large-scale results
- Customized local solutions
- A trusted voice in the community
Contact Contact Lindsey Myers at 330-643-5532 or by email to find out how your company can benefit from a partnership with United Way.