Free Tax Prep
Call 2-1-1 to schedule a one-on-one tax prep appointment or schedule online.
Appointments available during the following times:
Individual tax preparation appointments take place at the United Way's VITA/ Financial Empowerment Center, 1060 Kenmore Blvd, Akron, Ohio 44314
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR TAX PREP SESSION
- Photo ID for yourself and your spouse, if filing jointly
- Income and expense documentation (such as a W-2) for the previous year
- Proof of identification Social Security card or Social Security number verification letter for you, your spouse and any dependents
- Copies of the previous year’s federal and state tax returns, if available
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit (a voided check is acceptable)
- Birth dates for you and any dependents
Your spouse must be present to sign required forms if filing jointly.