Mission & Vision
United Way Vision
United Way envisions a community where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability and healthy lives.
A Community Where…
- All children receive a quality education that offers a pathway to a brighter tomorrow.
- The cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, and productive livelihoods begin for even the most disadvantaged.
- Everyone has access to healthy food, physical activity and quality health care that improves quality of life.
United Way Mission
United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community to advance the common good.
To Do This We Will…
- Ignite a community-wide social movement, and thereby mobilize thousands to action – to volunteer, advocate and give to improve the conditions in which we live.
- Galvanize and connect all sectors of our community – individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and governments – to create long-term social change that produces well-educated, financially stable and healthy individuals and families.
- Raise, invest and leverage millions of funds annually in philanthropic contributions to create and support innovative programs and approaches to generate sustained community impact.
- Hold ourselves accountable to this cause through our steadfast commitment to continually measure – in real terms – improvement in Education, Income and Health.